Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wedding Vendor of the Week

1. What is the inspiration behind your company’s name?


Nack is my childhood nickname. I was told that when I said my name was Jackie it sounded like Nackie (go figure). And it has stuck to this day. I don't think my grandfather knew my name was Jackie for he always called me Nack Nack.


2. What is the approach you take when designing a cake or dessert?

I try to understand from my clients perspective what the event means to them. I want to know the little details, not just that it's a party. What kind: Birthday, Anniversary, Surprise, Shower, Reception, etc? That way, I can be of help to the client, if needed.


3. What makes you stand out amongst the rest? What is your specialty?

I specialize in old fashioned, homemade desserts: Just like
Grandma used to make. Such desserts as Pound Cake, Sweet Potato Pie, Cobbler, Bread Pudding. So I like to think that I'm an extension of the family, and want this to be as exquisite as they do. This is not just about the money. I actually love what I do.

4. What do you love most about your job?

There are two facets of my job that I enjoy. First, I actually love baking. I enjoy pleasing the diverse palettes of my clients. Baking is more than a gift to me, I
seem to embody what I do. And when I'm in my zone, there's no stopping me. And second, I love talking with my customers. I have regulars that come to just converse over coffee and a pastry; while others want to catch-up on life.




For more information or to schedule a consultation visit Nack' Desserts or call 210-979-8008

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying these amazing baked goods for years! I am glad you are sharing the goodness with the rest of the world!!! Looking forward to seeing you on the Food Network!

    ReplyDelete