Thursday, October 22, 2009

Favorite Photos Friday

While trying to think of article ideas for the 2010-2011 edition of the magazine I sat down and thought to myself, "What was most important to me during my wedding day?". And then I thought well... the location was a big deal of course. My choice had to reflect what type of event I wanted to have. Did I want it to be formal or casual? Open or intimate?

OK, well what else was important? Food was also a big deal. While many friends and family members said they were so busy they didn't even eat during their reception, I knew that was not something I wanted at all. I couldn't see myself paying so much money and not be able to relax and enjoy a good meal.


But even with those two things high on my list of priorities, nothing was more important to me than...photography, not the dress, not the flowers-nothing. With that in mind, I began my search for the perfect photographer.

It didn't take long, after visiting all the websites I could think of and narrowing it down to the five whose style I liked. I took a few of my favorite shots from each photographer (without names) and asked the then fiance which photos he liked and what he liked about them, our decision was simple after that.

I inquired with our selected photographer, talked a few times and visited during our scouting trip. He was perfect! In fact, photography was my biggest splurge. Yup, that's right. I cut
costs everywhere else. Visited eight bridal salons before deciding a dress (and asked about discontinued styles and saved 50%), visited 15 possible reception locations, talked to five florists and did A LOT of research. But deciding who would capture the moments of one of the most important days of my life was simple. :) I even enlarged some of my favorite (artistic) wedding shots and put them in our house. We always get asked..."is that you?". And we very proudly reply..."Yes, it is."

So to help you out, I decided to do a "Favorite Photos Friday" of local photographers wedding-related shots. Here are my picks of the week. Photos are arranged alphabetically.

Alberto Vazquez Photography
210-316-6313


Amy DeYoung
888-804-4737


Dos Kiwis Studio
210-735-5555


French Connection Photography
210-349-8301



Philip Thomas Photography

210-833-1168


Powerhouse Studios
210-286-5266



Studio Benton Photographic Boutique
210-804-1188


Urth Studio
830-279-4636

No comments:

Post a Comment