Monday, February 15, 2010

Wedding Vendor of the Week: A Moment in Time

Don't think having a coordinator is a necessary expense? Think again.

Coordinators are definitely one of the most valu
able wedding costs you'll encounter-and for a good reason. They can save you tons of headaches, stress and money. But choosing the right coordinator is a bit more challenging than simply picking from a list of candidates. You should click with this person, they should be respectful and insightful and you should get be on the same level of understanding. After all, they are in charge of one of the biggest days of your life. That said... we'd like to introduce you to our Wedding Vendor of the Week...Maggie Titterington of A Moment in Time.

Maggie is very sweet and very detail-oriented. If you've ever seen her in action, she handles crazy, hectic situations with poise, a few characteristics necessary for a smooth and flawless event.


1. How did you start out?

I originally was coordinating weddings for a local church back in 1998. I began training in video in '99 for this same church and started videotaping wedding for friends. I started my own videography business soon after. It was then that I noticed how many weddings actually had no one organizing them and that the bride and groom usually looked for direction from either the photographer or videographer.

Having organized multiple ministries during my church tenure and having the video experience of what goes on at weddings, I just felt the natural progression to start organizing weddings. I feel that I have an edge. In fact that not only do I understand them from the brides' point of view, but the vendors (having been one!) point of view as well.

2. What services do you offer?

We are a full-scale event planning business. We can do as little as direct your day that have planned out yourself or help you obtain venues, vendors and create the theme and decor of your event. Our video services include Photo Life Montages, Videotaping rehearsal dinners, as well as your wedding day and reception.

We capture the important moments that we know you want to look back on (entrances, vows, kiss, etc) as well as the candid moments that you may miss (crazy dances, special speeches, cute moments, etc). As a videographer,. you want to be there but not be in the way of the event. In the same sense, though, you must not be afraid to GET in there and grab the video for the client. YOU, as a videographer, are the captured live memory of the day - the only live record, besides memory - the bride or client will have. Memories fade and become inaccurate, but video is forever.

3. What's the inspiration behind your work?

I see my business as a ministry that honors God in the way that I treat not only my clients, but my vendors as well. I try to be honest, flexible and giving as I can, within reason, propriety and good business sense.

In this business, you can be in ti for the money or the service itself. This isn't to say that I don't NEED money - everyone needs to make a living. I don't want to do it at the expense of my client or integrity as a business woman. Too many times I have seen unhappy past brides of other agencies that were short changed, cheated or taken to the proverbial cleaners without anything to show for it except heartache. I want my clients to look back at my work and know they received the very best I had to offer and that their satisfaction and happiness were my ultimate goal.

4. What is the best part of your job?

That i get to be a part of one of the happiest days of a couple's life. For a season of planning or one night of videotaping, I have a part of their life and they are trusting me to plan it, capture it and give it back to them. I am humbled and honored and look forward to many more years of service!

For more information, click here or call Maggie at 210-290-8572.















1 comment:

  1. I have worked with Maggie lots and every event I have done with her has been well planned and fun. One of the best coordinators ever!
    ~Chrystina Straughan

    ReplyDelete